Senior Security Risk Analyst / Information Assurance Specialist
The Senior Security Risk Analyst or Information Assurance Specialist are responsible for performing works that involves ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of IT systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and applying the Federal information system security programs, policies, procedure, standards, guidance and FISMA tools. Additionally, this person will have a direct impact on current and future information security processes across the enterprise.
- Be able to communicate effectively through written and verbal means to co-workers, subordinates and senior leadership.
- Be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met.
- Be prepared to offer security-related guidance on business processes and vulnerability assessment / mitigation approaches.
- Analyzes change requests to system for security posture impact
- Be able to effectively mentor junior information assurance specialists/analysts.
- Be able to conduct effective vulnerability assessments of networked and stand-alone information systems to the extent of conclusively validating all technical controls found within NIST SP 800-53.
- Be able to follow and apply required Organization security programs, policies, procedure, guidance, standards and tools as they evolve or change.
- Must be a able to lead the client to set of solutions, provide recommendations and craft options for the client to pursue where there is a lack of clear direction.
The candidate will have at least 7 years in the information security field, with a wide range of skills such as handbook/white paper and policy writing, infosec governance, security assessments of new software and systems, assessing network designs for security compliance and system test and evaluation. Included in these skills is a thorough understanding of the Security Authorization process and how it works in the Federal workplace. Must possess a strong background with NIST and the relationship of FISMA to Federal architectures.
This candidate should possess a B.A. or B.S. in related field and 7 years of experience. B.A. or B.S. may be substituted with 4 additional years of professional Information Assurance services experience.
- Good communication skills, able to coordinate and manage meetings
- Capability of providing written reports to upper management and customers as required
- Able to apply Office productively software to create effective documents, spreadsheets, slide presentations, etc…
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must be clearable to the Top Secret level.
One or more of the following certifications is preferred
- CISSP (ISC2)
- CAP (ISC2) (Junior Level Positions)
- CISA (ISACA)
- CISM (ISACA)
- ISO 27000
- PMP (PMI)
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org